hello there twenty-twelve.
I don’t really dig new years resolutions. A year is a long period of time to judge. How will I know what I want to be working on in 6 months? Plus there’s always that “Well I already messed up. I’m giving up.” mentality that goes along with goals that may have been slightly too ambitious.
This summer I had some resolutions and I discovered that for myself three months is a realistic amount of time to set goals and evaluate them. I also don’t particularly like the word resolution. It’s kind of boring. So I reached out to the trusty thesaurus.com. From there I’ve settled on the word moxie.
Courage, bravery, and spunk are all wonderful words I want to associate with this winter.
- January Cleanse: no fast food or alcohol for the entire month
- Figure out a budget and stick to it
- Read More. At least one book a month, hopefully more than one
- Make a winter playlist
- Get art, photos, and other decorative touches up in my apartment
- Go to the gym at least once a week
- Buy a new lipstick and wear it semi-regularly
- Cook 3 new things a month
Some of these overlap with my 25 things to do while I’m 25 which I’m also going to be working on completing. I like balancing more intimidating items like, figuring out a budget, with fun ones like, buy a new lipstick. Let me know if you have any rad goals, plans, or suggestions for this year/season/week/whatever!